Guidelines for Showing Paintings at the Beach Club Resort Hotel in Parksville
It is wise to check out the cases at the Beach Club before you decide what work you wish to display.
• The cases are through the front entrance and to the right beyond reception.
• There are 5 display cases W 29” x H 46” x D 51/2”
• Vertical paintings are a better fit
• Two smaller paintings will work as well.
• As the lighting in each case is a simple pot light at the top of each case, a thinner frame allows more light on your work. The wider Gallery canvases will be acceptable.
• The background in the cases is a dark brown so lighter works with dark frames work well.
• There is a 15% commission on sold pieces The Beach Club will handle the sales and issue a cheque to the artist.
Check list for your showing:
1 | A bio on 8x11 sheet of paper. It will be mounted in a frame that is on site. One with a photo is preferabl
2 | Labels for your work will be prepared for you by Pat Carroll at email@example.com. For continuity in the display we ask you to not make your own as we have the logo and add we add “For sales please see the front desk staff”
a) Please send your information: Title, medium, price, your name, and FCA status to Pat at least 10 days before hand so she can prepare your labels and send them back to you on pdf file. You can then print them out on card stock or paper.
b) Please mount them on foam core or matt board.
3 | A price list of all your pieces with Title and Price and your contact information, i.e.name, phone, email, and address on a separate 8x11 piece of paper.
This information is for the staff to notify you of sales of your work.
4 | A photo of yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org for the our website to announce who is the Artist of the Month at the Beach Club.
5 | On hanging day please bring a hammer, measuring tape if needed, and hangers, preferably not too large, and putty for mounting your labels.
We ask that you please do not disturb the staff at the reception desk.
All arrangements to hang your art work are made with Jacqueline Smith and in my absence Laura Hilts.
Contact: Jacqueline Smith at email@example.com 250 468-9209
Laura Hilts at firstname.lastname@example.org 250 248-4529
THANKS VERY MUCH AND I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOUR ART WORK HANGING AT THE BEAUTIFUL BEACH CLUB RESORT.